Saturday, February 19, 2011

Final round NZMTB Cup Christchurch

Its been a great week in christchurch. Staying with family and getting to catch up with everyone is always good so have throughly enjoyed it with my brother even timing an operation perfectly so he had his lovely sister to come and visit and ask lots of question like does it hurt and many more obvious annoying ones.

We also had a chance to catch up with the bikecycle/bergamont guys and see the great things they have planned for 2011. One thing we trialed for the week was sportique, we loved the massage cream which helped to recover the legs and Carl really enjoyed the shammy cream which he happily announced at prize giving. Its worth while giving the products a try, anyone who raced nationals has a sample in their pack and to get 5% off just mention Carl’s or my name to bikecycle.co.nz just give them a call and your all set.
Now to the racing –
My race  (katie)
I was really excited going into this race, to race Rosara Joseph is really exciting as she is such a talent. My race did not go supper well however, with some more mechanical issues (I miss bikeculture!!) and just feeling not too recovered from the weekend before, running really isn’t my specialty. Never the less I still placed 3rd in elite and hung in there. I followed the race with a nice recovery swim and a huge meal back at dad’s which his partner Chris had kindly prepared, will get the bike sorted tommorrow and then Monday will be the journey to Dunedin.
Carls Race
First few laps was quite tame I lead the 1st lap then my self Mikey and Anton Copper  boosted off the front every lap on the climb but were caught on the down by the locals. Then after 3 laps Anton attacked, it caught me a bit off gaurd as I was behind Mike at the time and I chased hard been 15 seconds off Anton at the top but then he really delt to me on the down hill from then on I was chasing him for the remainder of his laps (5) but he did still deal to me. After this it was just me Vs Kyle Wood who has really shot up at the right time close to nationals, I started to back off slightly towards the top of the hill but then he was closer to me than I had expeceted,  I had to put the head down again and give 1 last push taking my 1st elite win this season without an inform Dirk in the feild.
Lets do it all again next week a J    
Yum banana cake is now iced!! So we are off (Jane promiss this wont be seen in the skinfolds!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment