Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013


Thought it would be fitting to do a new year post as I have not updated in awhile. 

I have had my 4 month Xrays and check up… Turns out I am not a freakishly fast bone healer and it is still yet to fuse on the right hand side. So hoping for some progress over the next two months before my next check in. (it is usually supposed to take up to 6 months – so fingers crossed). Mainly the pain I experience in my back is related to the fact one side is yet to fuse but it is the muscular pain which really gets me. Due to muscular imbalances I have to work twice as hard just to sit with friends or at work and this for me is the hardest part about the recovery, struggling to do and enjoy the simple things. With time all this will come right though but until then I will just have to head to bed when tired, swap chairs for lying on the floor and slowly build up.

My latest Xray
Although I will not be able to mountain bike until hopefully March/April I have been able to road ride outside since the start of December and have built up to 1hr - 1hr 30 rides about 4 times a week. I have also been given the ok to swim so this is progress as for the last 4months I have been unable to rotate and lastly I am able to keep building on my gym work. So although I still take each day as it comes and often need to rest I have definitely come along way.

I will be travelling down south on the 4th of January to see how NZXC rolls. Over this time I will be continuing with my ‘training’ and support the other riders as they race. 
Gym sessions at the Flat
First Bike Ride - pretty scary






No comments:

Post a Comment