Sunday, January 10, 2010

N-Duro One

Carl

Race one of the N-Duro summer series; it was a perfect day in Rotorua. I started the races bad and was a long way from the front, I slowly started to pick people off and by the time I got to lookout road which was the big and only hill we had to go up a gapped the boys I was with in search of the front 6 guys. On the decent of No brains I came across Ash Hough slowing me down and there was a rider down and wasn’t in a good way, so I gapped it to find a marshal and ash stayed behind to look after the rider. Soon after I past Mikey he had a bent chain and I had moved into 3rd and finished 3rd, Very happy with how I rode after my 15mins of struggling to warm up into the race. And lucky to get 3rd place with Dirk Peters winning and Cabin 2nd.

Katie

The Race yesterday was hard, off the start line I was slow so ended up getting caught up in some congestion in the first single track. I felt sluggish for the entire race feeling like my legs were made of concrete, and concrete legs are hard to push round for 45km so I was smashed at the end. I really enjoyed being back on the mountain bike having heaps of fun on the single tracks, although I felt a bit novice making some entertaining mistakes, well entertaining for the onlookers. Coming into the paddock to finish I decided to start sprinting to get in before Monique who was right on my tail, the only problem was I overshot the turn into the paddock and ended up on the wrong side of the tape so ended up having to get back under it and by this stage Monique was already waiting on the finish line, it was quiet a fun little battle between us for 4th and 5th place. Annica, Nic and Eloise made up the podium with Annika winning the race; it’s awesome to have a strong women’s field like this in Rotorua.

A big thanks to Marcus and the Nduro team as well as our sponsors Bike culture, and Bergamont (our new mountain bikes should be arriving this week)

No comments:

Post a Comment