Saturday, January 23, 2010

South Island Cup Final Nelson




Well it was our first national race since last year and boy it felt like a national’s race, I (Carl) had forgotten what it felt like to do hard national standard laps however I had a very good race, off the start I took the lead for first few hundred meters then held 2nd wheel up the hill to the start of the single track, George Bennett was leading and from there he won the race. I had a good battle the hole race with Stu and Brendon and Richard Anderson started behind and caught up and we rode together, Stu and Richard myself kept exchanging who was out front with them having slight problems and me been on a new bike had very few. In the end I was in 2nd and didn’t want Stu and Brendon to catch me on the final lap Brendon really caught up and I only just held him off into the single track decent where I stayed in 2nd and finished off our priority 1 race a very happy lad.



Katie on the other hard had a bitter sweet race, loved her bike to bits but wasn’t dialled to it yet and by the sounds of it she was climbing well but couldn’t put the race together. She is already talking about the next race and keeps telling me how good her bike rides. She finished in 3rd behind Samara and Amy.

Sorry if there is typos its now dark and we are driving back to Chch for a late night and an early flight and another hard race J look out for the next update


Carl

No comments:

Post a Comment