Friday, January 1, 2010

Tour De Vineyards

Tour De Vineyards

Two days have been in the Tour so far and feeling ok tonight, yesterday was a bit different though after stage one I was feeling shattered.

Stage One, 60km Circuit

I pretty much got the S@#% beaten out of me, it was a 60km circuit race doing 12 laps out at Hope, the weather turned it on and it was hot as, when we started after a few hundred meters the other Waiariki MTB squad members (Scott Green and Patrick Avery) and I were all gagging for some water, my mouth was so dry i was chewing it to find some water... didn’t work, I was too close to the back of the race with 102 starters it was strung out and everyone knows the back aint good. Stayed in the bunch for the finish I was lucky to get away with it.

It pretty much wrecked me and i thought it was going to be all over, I got Katie to rub my legs out lightly and hit bed by 830 pretty tired, woke up this morning and felt mint...

Stage Two, 110km Road Race

A bit more of a me stage.... with some long ish hills in it, before all the hill I moved up just in case could go for some KOM’s on the 1st climb I just sat back watching what was going on and there were a few boys just up the road so didn’t bother boosting for some points, on the next I come to the front there were 6 boys up the road and by half way we got 2 of them but I was with James Williamson and he IS Mr. KOM so didn't bother on that one also but rolled over the top bout 8th ish. Next hill tried to go in a break with the Tasman Glass boys but got into no man’s land so sat up and a few mins latter they were caught but i was going backwards. Stayed in the bunch for a bunch finish again.

The other boys are doing sweet smashing me on the first day and we were all even today with all of us feeling it tonight.

Tomorrow is the Takaka stage 130km with 2 big climbs one being Takaka took me 45mins to ride up it last time whilst I was blown so I hope tomorrow I feel the same as today and I have my climbing legs back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment