Wednesday, January 20, 2010

New Bikes are here

Hey everyone our brand new bling bikes have arrived yesterday, Cheers to Mike and Rob from Bike Culture for getting them ride able quick smart, and Philipp from Bergamont for getting them to us for the weekend (Air freighted from Germany). We took them for a burn in the forest and they are amazing I think I just about like Katie’s fully better than my hard tail, it doesn’t bob and when u peddle it you get a roost behind you (not that mine doesn’t any way). She also has a wider set of bars on it which instantly had a better position and more confidence, on a Dh I usually roll away from her on I looked back and she was on my wheel so I started to go as hard as I could and didn’t lose her very easy, and I got worried when I looked back to see her wheels weren’t on the ground on 2 jumps I have never seen her jump before J Very Happy. My bike feels effortless to ride and floats down rough sections so I’m stoked.

After having them only hours they were back into a box and down to Christchurch where we have picked up Katie’s Dads Alfa Romeo and we are road tripping it up to Nelson as I write this for the final of the south island cup, this is a priority One race on our World selection so we have made the effort to come down, after that we are driving straight back to Chch and catching a plane early Sunday morning getting in at 8.50am with the 2nd N-duro starting at 10am which we are going to try our hardest to make it to.

So this weekend is a big one having a double race hit out. I’m predicting I will go better in the N-Duro because I always race better the second day, but hoping to do good in both hopefully a win or Two on the new bikes.

Keep ya posted

Carl

No comments:

Post a Comment